Thursday, April 16, 2009

Starbucks Stinks

Well not much going on with us for the last week or so. We did some work around the house on Saturday. On Sunday I did some work in the garage then Deb and I took the bikes for a ride. We wound up at Starbucks in Conyers. We go there because it is central to our friends and us. Our other coffee house we like is closed on Sunday. At one time the Starbucks in Conyers was the busiest in the state, but it is now over run by 14 to 17 year old kids who run around and scream constantly. We stopped in at 5:00pm Deb sat outside with some friends and I went in to order. I asked for a cup of decaf for Deb and was informed they did not have any made. I asked the fellow if he could make some and he informed me it was against corporate policy to make decaf after noon on Sunday. He did have some decaf “Café Americano” (espresso) I told him that was to strong and I passed on buying anything. About 10 minutes later he showed up at our table with a cup and said here you go a free cup of decaf. Deb took a sip and spit it out. All this kid did was take the Café Americano and water it down. A letter will go to the headquarters and ask about this policy.
Below is a link to the video of the bike wash I told you about. At the top of the page is a tab for the video. I hope this thing sells.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for sharing. That video was really cool.

I've never been a big Starbucks fan anyway. I think they're way overpriced and their coffee is bitter..... I don't understand all the hullabaloo...

Hope you all find a better place to meet your friends...

Love ya!!

CShore said...

I think Starbux is a dang cult. That being said, I tend to stop in after a shift with some of the guys. They give us free coffee and we get to hang out a bit. Oh well haha.

But I agree, it isn't the best, and I'm not sure what all the whoopity do is all about.

Katie said...

I'm with them... I've never been a big Starbucks fan. Part of that is because of the price, but the larger part is the fact that I don't drink coffee. I hope you find a new place to hang out with your friends!! :)

Big Jim said...

I agree with the others. Starbucks is both too expensive and a status thing. I hope the cyle wash sells. It sounds like an idea whose time has come.
Love.

Sue said...

The motorcycle wash is a tremendous idea and I hope it boosts your business through the roof.