Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Weekend

We spent this weekend just doing some things around the house. Friday evening I mowed the lawn so I didn’t have to do it on Saturday. When we got up on Saturday we went and had a bagel then did some errands. Deb needed some shoes to go with a new dress she got for the wedding and I needed some sneakers. That is a story for the next blog. (How Can They Do That) coming soon.
We stopped at the hardware store and I got some tomato plants. This year I thought I would try the upside down tomato planting thing. I made my own planter instead of buying one. I have seen the upside down with the plants coming out the side and some with the plant coming out the bottom. I decided to go out the side but think next time I would come out the bottom. I am worried that the weight of the plant may break the stem. Time will tell.

We also planted a couple of azaleas around the yard for some color sometime in the future. When we were finished we hopped on the bikes and rode to dinner. We wound up in Loganville and met my buddy John. We got home just before dark.
Steve called last night to let me know his deck was at the finally finished. I’m sure Peggie will tell that story, I just wanted to say good job. I know he spent a lot of time on it but he will get many more hours of enjoyment from it.
The weather is not supposed to be great so I fired up the smoker. I figured we would just be hanging around the house so I could keep an eye on it. I put a roast beef on it. I usually do pork roast but figured I would try something a little different. I will let you all know how it goes.
I took some pictures around the yard this morning and wanted to share them.
See you all later.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Great blog. Your weekend sounds like ours....I plan to blog about ours in a little bit....stay tuned!!

The picture of the back of your house is really great, with the fire pit and deck....looks GREAT!! You'd do any realtor proud with those photos!!

Can't wait for you all to come and enjoy our new deck with us....it's really great!!

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

Fire, food and bikes - ain't America great!!
Hope the tomatoes come in well...

Sue said...

I hope to learn from your tomato experience. We have limited places to plant tomatoes because of the trees shielding the house from too much sunlight (which we like when it is hot). However, I really love homegrown tomatoes so I look forward to your results.
Also, the photos are lovely. I hope the beef roast was delectible.

Big Jim said...

Good blog. You guys know how to make the most of your time. The house looks great.
Love.

Katie said...

I, too, am interested in your tomato plants. I've wanted to plant my own for the last couple of summers, but I have a very large bear that eats everything that lives in my back yard, so I haven't given it a shot yet. Your idea might just work for me, too! Keep us posted! Love ya! :)