Sunday, April 26, 2009

How can they do that?

That is the question. How can they do that? Two weeks ago Deb and I went to Kohl’s to look for a black suit for me to ware at the wedding. I got a new suit, tie and belt for $127.00. I also got $20 in Kohl’s bucks to be spent in the next two weeks. Thought that was a great deal. The next weekend I took my Kohl’s bucks and went looking for some sneakers. I found the shoes you see in the picture. They were $59.99 on sale for $29.99. Holy cow. I give the cashier mc Kohl’s bucks and she tells me it is $25.83. I said they were on sale for $29.99(not sure how we got to $25.83) She said everything in the shoe department was an additional 15% off. She then deducted my $20 and I paid $5.83 for a $60.00 pair of shoes. How can they do that?

I spent Saturday morning working in the yard. I trimmed some trees cut back some undergrowth in the woods. Deb’s mom and sister came down to go to a funeral of an old neighbor so they went out Saturday afternoon. I took my motorcycle out for a ride and got home about 8:30. Today when the girls went to the funeral I met Dan and we went out to the Monroe airport to see the new skydiving place being set up. I took my camera and was practicing some shots.
Oh yah we also went to the radio control airport.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Good blog...you got me with the airplane story!! I kept thinking that plane looked "funny" and when I got to the end I realized what was "funny" about it!!

I have to admit that Kohl's is my very favorite store. Also, I just found a new Kohl's near my house. I lovingly refer to it as "The largest Kohl's in the world". It's the first one I've ever seen that's two stories and my new favorite department (the baby department) is enormous!! I love going to that store. Steve, not-so-much. He always knows when he sees a Kohl's bag that I got a deal that I couldn't turn down!!! LOL

Keep us posted.

Love ya!!

Katie said...

I love the new kicks!! The price make them that much better, too!! :) Looks like fun at the "airport". Bryan would probably enjoy that!!

Big Jim said...

The secret is known as chapter 11. As with many retail stores they are on the brink. You got a great deal. My problem with Kohl's is that you never know the real price till you check out.
Love.

Sue said...

Perhaps you can get a job as a shoe model

JP2E said...

I think you paid five bucks for two-dollar shoes...