Monday, January 5, 2009

The Party's Over

It has been a long couple of weeks. I saw all of you the Sunday before Christmas, and have been on the move ever since. We had a quiet Christmas with mom and dad at home. Deb and I love to have visitors. I headed out on the 26th for my annual duck hunting trip.
This is the 5th year for this trip and we always have a great time and enjoy the company. I have known Tommy (older fellow in the back) and Von (second from right) for 20 years. I met them shooting skeet. The other two Johnny (with beard) and Franck I met at AKC test and skeet shooting for 10 years. We stay in the Blue Bank resort on the banks of Real Foot Lake each year. We meet our guide at 5:00 each morning at the boat ramp and head out in the dark for our blind. We get to see the sunrise over the lake and enjoy every second of it.
This year our first day was 40 MPH winds and 3ft swells and no good for ducks. We did get a couple but that was just good shooting. (Wink, Wink) The second day was cool and beautiful. Our guides worked hard to call in the ducks and we bagged 8. Hunting ends at 3:00pm on Real Foot so we headed in and hit the road home.
I got home about 2:00am on Monday. Deb and I headed to Peg and Steve’s about 2:30 on Wednesday and rang in the New Year. We worked on the new deck for a couple of days and came home on Sunday. Now it is back to a full week of work and try to get back on a schedule.

See you guys later.

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Even if you're having fun, it's still hard to be on the road for extended periods of time....I know!!! We appreciate your help on the deck. I can't wait for it to be finished now, so we can sit out back and listen to the frogs (and hopefully not step on any!!!). See you all soon.

Love ya!!

towheyj@bellsouth.net said...

Thanks for the blog. We love hearing about you adventures. Enjoyed Christmas with Deb & you.
Love.

Sue said...

You are a busy man with many fun adventures.