Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just another blog

I finally got something to blog about. Deb and I went to Kholes and got some decorations for the living room. Mom here is your Christmas money at work. On the floating shelves we have some of the knick knacks we have picked up over the years. One thing that I thought was cool is the hangers for the shelves have level bubbles built in to them.

We went to the movies today and saw “Grand Torino” with Clint Eastwood. It was very good, both of us thought it was outstanding. Not what I expected, but very well done. We give it 2 thumbs up.

I have to do a trade show in New Orleans at the end of the weekend, and Deb is going with me. We will drive down on Friday; the show is from 8:30 till 5:00 Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We will have the evenings to see the sights then drive home on Tuesday. That will give me another subject to blog about. Mike asked if I was going to visit the “Hotel in the Hood”. It just would not be the same with out Steve and the Essence Festival.
That’s all for now.




4 comments:

CShore said...

You are the second (and I guess third as well) person to say Gran Torino was good but not what you expected. I'll have to check that one out.

Peggie said...

You guys are doing a great job on the house. I can't wait to see all your improvements in person.....

We didn't bother with the "Hotel in the Hood" when we were in NOLA either....as you said, without the Essence Festival it just wasn't the same!!!

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Good luck on the trip. That Hotel may not still be there. We really like the new decorations, very clever.
How did you get the picture of the travelers turned backwards?
Love.

JP2E said...

I remember driving Joe D's red gran torino, I hope the movie is as good as the real thing.
My mind boggles at the idea of "essence of Steve"...