Monday, December 22, 2008

Someone Had To Be First

It is 6:00am on the 22nd of December. Deb just left to take Sydney to the airport so she can spend Christmas with her dad, step mom and 2 brothers.

Deb and I had a great time with everyone yesterday. This is what Christmas should be. As great as it was, I have to thank the first of all mom and dad for hosting the “EXTRAVIGANSA”. But for me the Shore / Williams family stole the day.

Katie thanks for sharing Maddy with all of us.






Chris and April, thanks for making the effort to make the trip. It is not always easy but I hope it was worth the trip.











Peg and Steve, you made the day for Debbie. She has been working hard to remodel the house and your gift will be the crowning touch. Everyone who comes to our home will see it, but only our family will know the love in the giving and receiving in this gift. As soon as I get it up I will post pictures.
I could go on but I need to let all of you have something to post.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight.



6 comments:

Peggie said...

Thank you for making us the "honored guests" on your blog. We had a GREAT time at the "Annual Towhey Christmas Extravaganza"!!! It is always worth the trip!!! I must admit, however, that it is time to try and settle in for a while after our long long journey across the country. I was THRILLED at Deb's reaction. I never expected it and I know she didn't either!!! hahaha Talk to you soon. Love ya!!!

Katie said...

I was THRILLED to share Maddy with everyone!!! We had a great time!! I can't wait to see the stained glass "installed"!!! :)

Big Jim said...

Yours was not only the first blog, but it hit the point. It was a great time. This is what makes your mother & me so very happy. I'm still blown away by that door picture.
Love.

Sue said...

You have some great photos. It was a wonderful Christmas Gathering. It makes my heart warm just thinking about it.

It's interesting to note that Steve and Maddy have the same hairstyle.

CShore said...

It is always worth the trip. We had a blast. I was talking with Grandpop, and I think that was the first one I have ever made it to, even when we used to live in Atlanta.

I meant to talk to you and my dad while I was there about our trip, but I forgot all about it.

I will be off January 4th, a Sunday, Sat. and Sunday the 10th and 11th, Saturday the 17th, and Sunday the 25th. For me, Saturday the 17th will probably work best, since I'll be able to leave as early as I want to drive down there. I'll probably just meet you guys there, it is way out of my way to drive to Atlanta first. If we are talking about staying in a hotel, the 10th and 11th is best for me.

Let me know. Thanks.

P.S. Don't shoot your eye out!

JP2E said...

Would someone PLEASE comfort that poor crying child!! There were certainly enough "parents" there to send her dad a happy picture. LOL
I really missed playing with Maddy since my cold was so bad, but we will hopefully see her again soon.
Thank you all for being a family that is better than I deserve...