Monday, September 8, 2008

Just another weekend


On Saturday I got up and met my buddy Dan for breakfast. We met in McDonough on the square at a a great place Called “Gritz”. 2 Eggs, Sausage, Grits and biscuit is only $3.85. Can’t beat it. We rode the bikes over to Newnan to a new Moto Guzzi / Aprilia dealer. I test rode a new Aprilia, Mana. It is a 850cc motorcycle that has an automatic transmission. It was cool. You can pick Sport, Touring or rain mode for the shifting pattern or shift yourself but no clutch. It would be a great commuter bike.
When we left there we headed to Thomaston, Ga. Dan had his parachute being inspected by the FAA, and it was ready to be picked up. When we got there he decided to make a couple of jumps. On the airport property is a DC3 flight school. They have 2 DC3’s for the school. As we were leaving I pulled up in front of one for the picture above. What I did not know was they were in the plain and ready to fire it up. As I was sitting in front of this thing, a guy stuck his head out and said what are you doing? He scared the stew out of me.
On Sunday we ran some errands and grilled out. Our weekends are about to start to fill up soon. I have some trade shows coming up in Orlando and Chicago. Then in October some trips to Tennessee.

See you all soon.

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Really great picture!! I love it, and I especially love the story that goes with it!! Glad you had a good weekend. In between all your other trips, make room for another trip to SC.....Love ya!!

Sue said...

Ditto. Great picture. You get to travel and see cool stuff.

JP2E said...

GREAT picture!
Was that Sky King?
I know it wasn't the Partridge Family plane, wrong colors...