Thursday, May 29, 2008

Juneau the way to Alaska?



The next stop was Juneau. The excursion here was an Alaska Salmon Bake. It was ok but we were a little let down. The fish camp was cool and had a beautiful waterfall but was in an industrial area. They also kept running out of salmon.


After the salmon bake we went for a walk around Juneau. As you can see Deb and her mom found alternative transportation, I found it interesting that both Juneau and Ketchikan have no way to drive in. You must come by air or boat. Steve and found a place called the Red Dog. It is an old bar with saw dust floors and all sorts of cool stuff including 1 of Wyatt Earp’s gun.


In the next blog we get in to the great sights in Alaska. See ya then.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love the title!!! Glad to hear the continuation of the story... can't wait to hear the next chapter!! :)

JP2E said...

If you don't get to Dutch Harbor to see Mike Rowe and the crab fishermen I will be disapointed!!
Did you find Dr. Flieschman?
I miss Northern Exposure I guess...

Peggie said...

So how come the skinny kid got to ride? I had to walk!!! I guess she earned the ride. :) We had a GREAT trip. It's fun to hear it from your viewpoint. I hope everyone doesn't get too bored with two of us commenting on the same trip!!! I'm really not worried...they'll tell us if they get tired of it!!!! Love ya!!