Monday, May 26, 2008















Now for the Alaska story. You all may or may not know but Deb, her mom and sister, as well as our friend Terri went up to Vancouver 2 days before me. I got to the hotel about 1:00 am on Saturday May 10th. I found my gang as well as Peggie and Steve in the bar and no pain was being felt.








We all got to bed around 2:00. (5:00am Atlanta time) We got up around 6:00am (could not sleep) I went out to see a little of the city before heading to the boat. The picture below was directly across the street from our hotel, and was one of the more tame shops.









As we were eating breakfast we ran in to our friends Dan and LaFaye with LaFaye’s mom and niece. They got in after me. Dan’s brother and sister in law also came on the trip. We had a blast. The theme of the trip was doing what you want. If we want to do the same thing great, if not have fun and we will catch up later. Saturday was spent standing in line to get threw customs and on the boat.

(Wrong Picture...Sorry)





We sailed about 6:00pm on Saturday and spent the rest of the day exploring the ship and getting our sea legs. On Sunday the sun came up at 4:25am. Deb woke up at 4:30 and thought the ship was docked. We went out and looked to see we were about to dock in Ketchikan. Deb’s mom, sister and Terri were going to a Totem pole deal and Lumber Jack show. Peg and Steve were going on an ATV trip and Deb and I went Zip Lining.



I will Tell more about that next time on "BILLS BLOG"

2 comments:

JP2E said...

Sounds like the trip was extra long due to the sleep deprivation!!
Good job on adding the pix. Next time Go back and remove the spaces with the backspace button and all the gaps will close up.
Looking forward to the next part of the story...

Peggie said...

We all went through the "round-the-clock" first day. We went to bed at about the 23-hour mark on our day (around 10 PM local time). Steve tried to talk me into staying up the extra hour just to claim we did it, but I was already feeling a little "iffy" at that point, so I declined the offer. We all have our stories to tell...and keep!!! Love ya!!