Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Been a while.

I know, it has been a couple of weeks since my last blog. I seem to be busy all the time but have nothing to talk about. Last weekend Deb and I went to the Indy car race at Barber Motor Sports park in Birmingham. We along with Dan, Lafaye, Larry and Connie have had this planned since November. I have not been to an Indy Car race in 10 years, so it was a treat for me. The funny thing was I pulled for Marco Andretti (Mario's grandson) because that is the only name I remember.
I have been to the Barber Museum several times but this is the first car race I've seen there. That place is beautiful. You park about 5 miles away and buses take you to the track. They have trams doing constant loops in the track so you can catch a ride anyplace.
On Saturday The GTP (Prototype) cars raced as well as the GT (Mustang, Camaro ect...) With the retro style on the mustangs and camaros it looked like the racing I remember.

Sunday the Indy Light and Indy cars ran. A lot of good racing and good times with good friends.
The green car is Danica Patrick. She did not have a very good day. She didn't even win the ladies division.
On the home front. We finally got electricity run to the garage out back. I now have to move tools and work benches to the back. One thing leads to another. Well that's it for know. See Ya!

2 comments:

Peggie said...

Great to hear from you again. Sounds like you guys had a good weekend in Birmingham. I know you're glad to have the electricity run in your garage. Can't wait to see it!!

Love ya!!

CShore said...

Sounds like a great time. Good pics, too!