Monday, November 10, 2008


Well as you can see by the picture, fall has come to Newton County. Deb and I planted the trees in this picture in 1994 when we moved in to the house. Hard to believe they have grown so much. We started out the weekend having dinner with mom and dad, to celebrate Deb’s birthday. We went to a great Mexican joint dad knew of.


Deb had started to paint the entryway last week so on Saturday I got the ladder out and we finished that. Our entry is like the one on Edinburgh, 2 stories and hard to get around in. In true Debbie fashion the entryway lead to the hall and that lead to the living room, on and on.


Back about four years ago we were looking at hardwood floors but put it off when Debbie’s job went under. Well as we finished the paint in the entry we noticed the flooring on the landing was really worn so we went to look at new flooring for the landing. Well in true Debbie fashion the landing lead to the steps, the steps lead to the hallway and that lead to the living room and dining room. We wound up choosing “Australian Cypress” in 5 ½ inches wide by 3/4 planks from Lumber Liquidators. It will be delivered Tuesday and has to acclimate for one week, then will be installed next Monday. That is the plan and I hope it works out because we have 12 people coming over for Thanksgiving. Micah’s future in-laws are coming. I have met them already and Deb has met Christina’s mom but not her dad. We may be eating off boxes of wood if the timeline gets messed with. I’ll let you all know how this thing works out.


I should have pictures of the newly renovated Covington abode by the bext blog. In the words of “Kenny Z damn it” “ I long for one more night on Kensington Ave” I’m with you Kenny and I got the amo.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing your little piece of fall with us. Here in Texas, we don't get to see the leave change colors. It's still 80+ degrees here everyday!! :)

JP2E said...

I was expecting some pix's of paint drying. Your slipping, bro!
Sounds like you are making progress; which is the opposite of congress...

Peggie said...

Debbie's lucky she's married to you! Whenever I talk about doing "home improvement" projects, Steve seems to go deaf. It has to be HIS idea....LOL.... I can't wait to see all the hard work the two of you are doing. Talk to you soon...

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

It was wonderful being with Deb and you on Friday night. Hope your flooring project goes well. You are making that lovely home into a palace.
Lpve/

Sue said...

What a lovely Fall photo. Maybe this will inspire my Jim to do the floor in our kitchen.... or not.

CShore said...

I've been putting off painting my living room because of the same thing! I tend to want to get right into the next project ASAP as well.

I have been unable to get the time off for the trip we talked about, so it looks like I'm out. Sorry! I was really hoping to make it. Thanks for the invite though.