Monday, November 17, 2008

Construction Zone

We are in the midst of having our hardwood floors installed. The material was delivered last Monday so it could acclimate to the house. We chose Australian Cypress because we liked the color variation as well as all the knots.

As you can see in the pictures we were not let down. Today they did the hall and started on the stairs that is the most cutting and hardest part. Deb and I have put felt pads on the feet of all the furniture to keep from scratching the new floor. They should be finished on Wednesday, a little longer than I thought but the steps are tricky. We finished painting last Saturday and I can see we will have some touch up when this is over with

The pictures in this blog are from my old floppy disk Sony camera. The newer camera has taken a dump on me. It started acting up in Chicago and has gotten worse over time. I will post some more pictures when we are finished.

5 comments:

Sue said...

That wood is very pretty. Good choice. I know you will enjoy it.

Peggie said...

You're right, that wood is beautiful!! In fact, I have "wood floor envy" right now!!! LOL... I can't wait to see in person. Show us the new wall color too... inquiring minds want to know!!! Talk to you soon. Love ya!!

CShore said...

Wow, that is a great floor choice. I really like the wide board, knotty look. Good job.

JP2E said...

Now you can "walk the plank" with Deb...

Big Jim said...

I don't think you will get board :) with that floor.
Love.