Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Weekend Gone.

Another weekend gone. This weekend we had another house full. Deb’s brother Johnny came in from Canada to see his daughter Sidney. Sid lives in South Carolina now and Johnny drove up on Friday to pick her up. Deb’s mom had come back from Tennessee with her on Tuesday so she could visit, then go back to Canada with Johnny for a month.
On Thursday we got a call that Jeanette’s (Deb’s mom) brother was not doing well, he has been sick for a long time. On Saturday morning we put her on a plane for Louisiana.
Katie, Deb’s sister, came down to see Johnny and Sidney on Saturday and also spent the night with us. The picture below is Sidney, Johnny, Debbie and Katie racing Mario carts on the WII. On Sunday I got up early and headed to Road Atlanta for the Vintage car races. I left about 6:30am and it was about 55%. I was on the bike but was dressed well. I met my buddy John in Winder and we got to the track by 8:00. By mid-day it was beautiful and we had a great time. I love the old cars. I saw a 1955 Corvette that was an old factory race car. 1955 was the first year they put a V8 in the Corvette and they only made 3 race cars, and this is the only one left. I have no idea what the value of that car is but I’m sure it is up there. John made the statement as we walked in the pits that the smell alternated between racing fuel and money. He was right on. I headed home about 3:00pm and had a good long ride home on a perfect fall afternoon.

4 comments:

Peggie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I didn't know Sidney was living in SC now. Let us know where!! If you ever need a place to stay while in transit....

Give our love to all Deb's family. Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

Big Jim said...

Those old car races must be a gas. Your right about the smell of money. Even just the upkeep on a car like that must be huge.
Love.

CShore said...

Sounds like you had a gas (get it? GAS! HAHAHA... ok, sorry. I'm better now).

Looks like a really cool way to spend a weekend.

Sue said...

I love vintage cars and that must have been a really fun race. Glad you had such a good time.