Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

9/11 by the Numbers

Total number killed in attack 2,819
Fire Fighters / Paramedics Killed 373
NYPD killed 23
Port Authority officers killed 37
Number of employees lost tower 1 1,396
Number of employees lost tower 2 614
Number Killed on Flight 93 40
Number killed in Pentagon 184
Number Killed on WTC air craft 152

The numbers speak for them self. Today I heard more about the man that called Obama a lyre and ACORN than I did about 9/11. This should be a day of reverence and reflection, not politics. I am not one who thinks this should be a national holiday. Americans tend to make national holidays as a day off and forget what they are all about, look at July 4th and Christmas. I think it is up to all of us to keep this day a raw memory. How many people under 50 can tell you about Pearl Harbor?

4 comments:

CShore said...

Great blog, I agree 100%!

Peggie said...

Very nicely put!! I have to agree with everything you said..... It's not a holiday, it's a day of reverence and rememberence....

Big Jim said...

xactly. I know my life changed on that day and not for the better.
Love.

JP2E said...

well said! I had similar thoughts myself on 9 / 11.
let's hope we all continue to remember the day for what it is...